United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
i hope you meant 44us
Yes, us not ms. I edited the post.

Quote:
tx on, set gain to min, tx off. this should enable failsafe with min gain (assuming failsafe = hold last channel values).
I will check how the Orange RX I am using handles failsafe. Some RX's just put everything back to center except throttle.

Quote:
from the code, i would expect jitter to be skewed towards +T (due to delay in interrupt processing, etc) values and not -T (which seem to occur more often). are you able to tell if the jitter variation is skewed?
Yes, the MAX values seem to be further away from nominal than the MIN value in most of the tests I have done.

Quote:
how are you measuring total jitter variation over a long period of time (5min)?
The scope I am using has lots of math functions, I think it is Linux based. One of which is the measurement of positive or negative pulse widths and record MIN, MAX and MEAN values over the time the measurements are being taken.
That is why I am concerned about comparing input and output pulse widths when they are asynchronous. I may not be recording all of the pulses that I am not synchronous width (partial pulses at beginning and end of trace).

Maybe we need a test version of the firmware that keeps inputs and outputs synchronous.
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB