Thread: Discussion Open Flight Stabilizer
View Single Post
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by JohnRB
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
1,136 Posts
First V2 Firmware Test

I finally decided to solder wires to the RX3S board with a connector on the other end for the ISP. I was able to locate places on the board to solder the wires without getting solder on the etched ISP pins or on the processor.

First observation is that the output pulse train is completely asynchronous to the input channels.

The second observation is that the jitter is about twice as bad as with the HK firmware.

The third observation is that the output frame rate is mostly in the 20ms range but on occasion is jumps to about 22ms.

In addition to my scope connected to the inputs and the outputs I have a Hextronic 9g servo on the aileron output. This is not a high quality low dead band servo. It is always moving a little because of the output pulse jitter.

The aileron signal coming from my receiver usually has less than 1us of jitter. What I see at the output (with the RX3S laying flat on the table and steady) is about 33us of jitter. I cannot accurately measure the jitter on the input and output at the same time because they are asynchronous.

None of these things are show stoppers, just need to work on them one at a time.

I checked if the lock bits were set with the HK firmware and they were so I could not extract the existing firmware for backup before installing your new firmware.
JohnRB is online now Find More Posts by JohnRB