View Single Post
Old Jan 09, 2013, 07:42 AM
Find More Posts by acesimmer
United States, NV, Fernley
Joined Oct 2011
2,426 Posts
Peter.... Nice implementation. With you guys doing this mod it inspires me to now do mine. I'm thinking to just pull a mold off the top section then lay it up in epoxy glass. This way I can laminate the mechanism into the layup and it will be thin yet strong and light weight. Just have to figure if I want to have a nice smooth skin finish or have the foam detail built into the mold so it all matches. I use a special PVA release that should allow me to pull the mold straight off the foam fuse without using film etc. I'll wait until you finish yours and see how it works.

Those of you who have done the air brake mod.... Any change in pitch etc when deploying? Peter, when will you have your slats finished. I'm thinking of maybe making up a glassed wing version slat installation that is mixed into the air speed. So that maybe around half throttle and below they begin deployment proportional to speed and can be turned off with a switch. Does this make sense? Now if we could hook them up to a G device and include a high pressure smoke device to create the visual pressure wave coming off the surfaces would be way cool.
acesimmer is offline Find More Posts by acesimmer