View Single Post
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:46 PM
Find More Posts by eaglescry24
Flying the Spyder
United States, PA, Parkesburg
Joined Mar 2008
321 Posts
Still working on mine here and there. Park 480 motor with 3 blade 10x6, tail dragger with nice rubber tires, plastic rims with bearings. I'm looking to give mine a nice paint scheme and to lighten up the tail by removing existing Sullivan tail wheel assy and replacing with a lightweight extended spring tail gear assy utilizing the rudder to enable steering. Had a servo for the other it just proved to be tail heavy. Was using 12x6sf electric prop. She definitely has intestinal fortitude.

She just needs more lift or less weight, she'll stall and snap roll in a heartbeat but if I catch it early I can usually power out.

As she lands with previous setup I had to keep er under power durring descent through flare. I did move the 40a speed controller up in the nose section above the battery and cut a cooling hole in the cowling. Haven't tried er since removing the tail wheel servo, three blade prop and moving the sc forward. Maybe it's plenty? We'll find out soon enough.

I did try extending and cupping the leading edge to improve lift... No great success, removed it.
eaglescry24 is offline Find More Posts by eaglescry24