View Single Post
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:54 PM
Find More Posts by jtlsf5
United States, CA, Folsom
Joined Jul 2007
2,687 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Jolly View Post
Once again catering to the lowest common denominator. It is supposed to be the Masters they should be bale to handle a mass launch.. I used to think that launching the odd numbers then the evens would be a better choice but that just leads to crossed lines for the even guys And then a delay for the second launch group.. Man on Man implies sharing the same air. What Daryl is stating is true and common. Anyone would welcome flying in an evenly stacked contest. Everyone should launch at the same time without the benefit of comparing early launchers air. LJ
Unfortunately the Masters is not restricted entry like the worlds or one of the dedicated J events. The contestants' skill sets in such open events just are not up to mass launching with the relatively tight spacing we are stuck with. We have periodically tried variants to speed up the launch sequence, but it has never really set in. I'd love to see a better way that does not induce utter chaos at the Nats.

We are restricted in winch spacing (about 20') by the main electrical trunk line. Please don't suggest getting a longer one unless you have the funds for ~250+' heavy guage, multiple outlet main trunk line. I don't see LSF spending money on one just to enable mass launches at the Nats.

JT
jtlsf5 is offline Find More Posts by jtlsf5