Thread: Build Log 80's Hobby-Lobby Telemaster
View Single Post
Old Jan 08, 2013, 08:50 AM
Find More Posts by Dereck
Visitor from Reality
United States, VA, Arlington
Joined Dec 1996
12,788 Posts
Not much appears to have changed in England! I used Solarfilm for all my models when I lived there, tried Solarspan once when it came out and didn't use it any more after that... Solartex was nice, but not exactly light weight, and it could reduce a light tail surface structure to a crisp (potato chip, for y'all Over Here ) when it shrunk.

Deep Thought - wouldn't be a Douglas Adams fan, perchance? Okay, I have all five books from the HitchHikers trilogy and all of his other books too.

If you can land a Four Star 40 kit in UK, they are a superb sports aerobatic model, glow or electric. A lot got somewhat modified a little - mine lasted 11 years, five different electric motors, several different battery sizes, two sets of tailfeathers and basically only had the wing section un-modified at the end of its service. Head up to the electric sports model section at the top, the Four Star is about the most popular kit ever electrocuted, so there's a ton of info on diddling around with them.

Building from a plan is easy. You know the guy who's cutting the parts out cares about the finished model After that, you glue them together.

Good luck with the Telemaster, they make great sports fliers

D
Dereck is offline Find More Posts by Dereck