OK, just received a v1 module from another RCG member today. Scary moments until I switched er9x back to PPM from DSM2 (read the manual a third time, duh) and got the ID button unstuck (it somehow got stuck down.) I set the frame rate for 19.5, my templates for Spektrum order, and used a template to setup a new model for basic 4 channel. (Gotta love SmartieParts and eePe!) Powered up the mCX2 and then pressed the bind on the module and powered up the tx. A minute later the heli is responding just fine. I had to reverse channels 2 and 4 (rudder and aileron) which was disconcerting to do because I am used to the regular 9x Futaba order.
Flew it around for a minute and then gave the tx to my 12 year old son to finish off the battery. So, the mCX2 works just fine. I added D/R of 50% and H/L expos of 10 and 25 (those might be the wrong way) but, haven't done extensive testing with them. Tomorrow I'll try the mSRx adn the CX3.