View Single Post
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey
United States, CA, Fairfield
Joined Jul 2004
498 Posts
Yes, the batteries come down quite warm. But I would say they are borderline hot. I've heated and puffed quite a few batteries in my experience and these seem to be holding well. Not near as hot as I've had in the past. I'll have to bring my temp meter next time I fly, then I can eat my words, LOL.

I was just looking at my nose gear strut and had a thought, two more of those would be nice for the mains. But I didn't pull out a ruler and compare the lengths. I didn't like the idea of the tires hanging so far down when retracted.

I like the idea of energy dissapation and the spacers to angle the mains forward. As far as energy dissapation though, you have less than 1mm to work with where the trunion meets the backplate. That doesn't present for many options. Anythin that would add resistance when the gear nears extension will draw more amps from the BEC, and I REALLY don't want to do that after my past fiasco with burning up BECs.

Aluminum plates it is for now. I suspect the next weak failing point will be the plastic trunions.
Whiskey Whiskey is online now Find More Posts by Whiskey Whiskey