: Build Log
Late War PT Boat
View Single Post
Jan 07, 2013
, 05:27 PM
United States, TX, La Porte
Joined Apr 2007
Did some more work on the mast today. I also tried to salvage the radar screen from MBH. I did not have much success but I did try.
View all Images in thread
As you remember, this is how the first mast cap looked with the "acorn" mounted.
This is how it looks now with the new mast.
This is the radar screen as I got it.
Using a hobby knife I managed to cut away the flash, but as you can see no amount of cutting is going to make this look right.
Even if the part had been cast perfectly it would not have been correct. There should be six vertical pieces between the ends of the screen and not four. I'm going to have to switch to plan B. Stay tuned.