View Single Post
Old Jan 07, 2013, 07:38 AM
Find More Posts by StarHopper44
Earthbound Skyhound
United States, NC, Richlands
Joined Jun 2011
7,201 Posts
Hi Jax; (bows to the rest) ,
Sorry for the belated response -- things have been rather hectic 'round the old homestead lately, keeping me on the run!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
One thought for you: how far are you from Kitty Hawk, where the Wright brothers had their first flight? Seems like that would a good place for ridge soaring on the big dunes. ...
I know what you're getting at, & believe it or not to fly there is one of the items on my RT 'Bucket List'. Surprisingly maybe, even tho I'm down here on the same end of the state, getting to it isn't as easy as it seems! Via optimal routing my best way is still 200 miles 1-way, & nearly 4 hours driving time. (Not the greatest of roads out in that region.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Hi Starhopper,
... Tomorrow I am co-hosting the annual "Chilly Fly" event at the Crosswinds RC Club. The idea is to get at least one flight in, then sit around and eat, drink and carry on. Should be fun. ...
Super kewl! Would have to be fun! Our RC club has something that's supposed to go about like that -- an annual 'New Year's Blackeyed Peas Cookout' per the old Southern tradition -- & it's far more than just peas! The last couple years' have turned into quite the trough-fest! I know.....after my first I sure's heck wasn't gonna miss our 2nd, that's for sure! *LOL* We also, as it turned out, caught exceptional weather & quite a bit of flying was enjoyed as well.
StarHopper44 is offline Find More Posts by StarHopper44
RCG Plus Member