Thread: Discussion Electric Orange J-3 Cub
View Single Post
Old Jan 07, 2013, 05:11 AM
Find More Posts by plexcom
Joined May 2012
5 Posts
I hope it wasn't the design! No disrespect to you, just saying that since I am using a modified form of Eletric Orange's (scotta) plans to build a 1/4 scale foam cub. So far so good, but spending a lot of time on the wings as these will need to be right considering it will have a 9 foot wingspan. Fuselage has gone very well and my protoype wing (wing half I should say) looks good so hopefully I will have it completed soon. Taking my time with it as this one will not lift a wheel off the ground on it's own until I am sure my flying skills are up to it, way too much work behind it. I even spend a good deal of time moding things on my templates since the plans could not be directly scaled, and the design was structurely based on a 38" WS.
Also working on a 60" WS model based off of these plans, but also with a full airfoil wing, this one should be done in a day or two hopefully for testing.
Just a prototype that way I am not sweating crashing it. I use cheap materials, especially for a prototype build but it is the time involved and knowing the effort to get it built that can cuase my "crash fear".
plexcom is offline Find More Posts by plexcom