View Single Post
Old Jan 06, 2013, 08:47 PM
Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,414 Posts
Great kickoff today to the 2013 Grace Family Fun Flys!

Tommy from E-Mergent R/C came, and he invited several of his pilots, we had some new local pilots, and we had several people bring their Christmas presents in to fly. We had about 20 pilots total today. I never even tried to count them, as they came and went over the time we had the Grace UMC gym.

I had my two terrific grandsons and my wife Pat there to help watch and to enjoy them. They had a great time.

Bic Green, Rick Nelson, and I flew my rebuilt Osiris today. It definitely can be flown slowly in this gym. Bic flew two other large planes. Tommy flew a large plane. We had a LOT of helicopters flying today. My grandsons drove around the Red and the White race cars and a new flip-over and LED lights all over sporty vehicle.

We enjoyed some donuts and some breakfast pie left over from our church breakfast celebrating reaching the half-way point in raising the money to build a new home on Sand Mountain next year.

I'd call today's flying a great kickoff to 2013. Our next GFFF is Sunday February 10th.
Jim_Marconnet is offline Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet