Old Jan 06, 2013, 07:23 PM
Find More Posts by Gordks
Chilliwack, BC Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Hi Starhopper,

Thanks for your note. Yes, ridge soaring is a whole lot of fun and if conditions are good you can pretty much stay up as long as you want. On a good day I would typically have 45-60 minute flights with five minutes of motor time. Just like a good soaring day.

Francois' video is incredible. Great flying and spectacular shots! Thanks for sharing.

One thought for you: how far are you from Kitty Hawk, where the Wright brothers had their first flight? Seems like that would a good place for ridge soaring on the big dunes.

I did go out in the 20 degree temperatures this morning for one flight with my new Dynam Peaks biplane. That is one nice ARF. Looks good and flies well.

Tomorrow I am co-hosting the annual "Chilly Fly" event at the Crosswinds RC Club. The idea is to get at least one flight in, then sit around and eat, drink and carry on. Should be fun.

Cheers,

Jackson

Happy New Year to all of you folks!

Hi Jackson, loved that last video! That is about the pretties spot I have ever seen for flying. I pray that no developer comes along and plants a bunch of houses on that ridge.

A friend just got one of those Dynam Peaks and is VERY happy with it. A couple of the 3D types in our club flew it and both were quite impressed and said 'I would buy one of those' almost immediately. You should be real happy with that one.

Regards,
Gord
Gordks is offline Find More Posts by Gordks