Thread: Discussion Futaba FG Gold Series Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 06, 2013, 03:18 PM
Find More Posts by nickhawk
Joined Jun 2004
11 Posts
Futaba fpt6-fn 2,4 GHz modification

Happy new year to all,

I managed to modify a Futaba fpt6-fn to 2,4 GHz using first the FRSKY module and then a Jeti module as I got several RX's of this brand. For anyone using the FRSKY module I removed and replaced the bi color three pin led with a 5mm high brightness one which I glued inside the TX on the side of the RF meter using a length of thin servo twisted cable from the pcb to it's location..It is nicely visible as the plastic cover absorbs the light and multiplies it. The set -bind button was put on the spot of the push -trainer button using a led sleeve glued with hot silicone together with a washer to cover the hole. With the led missing it comes flush with the TX metal surface and you cannot press it accidentaly while flying.To disable the MHz transmission I simply removed the Xtal. The RF meter which is a battery voltage indicator really does not react well when you use a Lipo with three cells so I did the diode thing to drop the voltage.1N4001 two of them in series will do the trick. The antenna was mounted on a bakelite (PCB board will do fine or paxoline) .I used a second one overlapping the hole and got them sandwiched with the TX case between. I want to Thank Glen for his help and suggestions and the guys who contacted me willing to help.
nickhawk is offline Find More Posts by nickhawk
Last edited by nickhawk; Jan 06, 2013 at 03:23 PM. Reason: correction