View Single Post
Old Jan 06, 2013, 02:41 AM
Find More Posts by asusrick
United States, NC, Indian Trail
Joined Dec 2012
33 Posts
the rudder is correct as per the layout sheet. i could turn the servo around but its no big deal just to reverse the servo on my digital transmitter. I did find a club 10 miles from here, emailed and called but no response. not sure if there still up and running. The place i "try" and fly is a field that is about 100 acres and is desolate on the weekends. I went by there and there was another flyer there. its a 1/4 mile from my house and has a very long paved road running through the center of it and no one drives on it. perfect runway. Im gonna try and get this guy to help me out. he had 3 planes there so im guessing he had some experience. I unfortunately had no time to stick around that day to actually see him fly. I just ordered another plane that may be easier to fly for beginners. a hobbico nextar electric which has the speed brakes for slower flight. I also ramped up the difficulty on my realflight 6 sim with some drastic wind conditions, although i would never fly an actual plane in these conditions it gives me a better understanding of the unstable flight characteristics in extreme wind conditions.

Thx
Rick
asusrick is offline Find More Posts by asusrick