Thread: Discussion Syma s107 Helicopter
View Single Post
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:06 PM
Find More Posts by SysCrusher
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jan 2013
161 Posts
Hi guys, new S107 user here and generally a new rc heli user.

Got one for Christmas from my wife and it's a blast to play with. She originally bought me a airhog heli replay which really sucked straight out of the box and really over priced at wally world. She replaced it with the Syma S107 which was only 25 dollars shipped.

After I got used to it, I wanted the need for speed, so on came modding it. I tried everything with no luck in what I was after. I scrounged the parts from the air hog, battery and one of the main motors with the longer shaft. What I did was removed the charging circuit from the airhog's battery and soldered it in parallel with the S107 battery. Then removed the original S107 tail motor, then with a razor blade, gently cut the S107 tail housing right down the middle of the back of it. Soldered in the airhog main motor, in reverse since the colors of the wires are reversed, and the housing now clamps just right around the motor. Used the original S107 tail prop but I had to use a small needle file to make the hole slightly larger to get the prop on. Removed all the tail dressing, I broke the landing gear so I removed that till I get another one. Removed that small weight in the nose.

With all that, it hovers perfectly balanced and really moves pretty darn fast now forward and reverse. It's more of a blast to play with now. Charging time I have no idea yet as I have only charged it maybe half way to get a good 5 minutes flight time out of it. But it's alot of fun now. Can't wait for a calm air night to try it outside for more room.

Just thought I 'd share my findings. Now I need to get a bigger one.

hypertek, that battery looks like it's missing the charging circuit. Might be why it's in the shape it is now.
SysCrusher is online now Find More Posts by SysCrusher