Find More Posts by Mreyello
Deutschland, RP, Niederzissen
Joined Dec 2011
943 Posts
Henke,
Check out the headline of this forum:

Aircraft Electric Airplanes High Performance

You claim to be the fastest?

Well, its hard to believe as your electric power hardly would exceed 100 watts.

I checked it, the official fastest in this category is this one:

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...=1#post2505024

Its slightly larger than the swist, and i am pretty sure its got less than triple carbon, and i guess David got to solve larger problems than dremeling a fuse to get it at that speed!
Sure it is not out of the shelf but its actually the fastest,no question.

It scored 275 mph average in both directions at the official FAI 400m track,with calibrated measurement equipment under the eyes of official FAI sport witnesses.

I think there is a small difference to a simple gps or doppler reading shown above your avatar.

Its up to you to challange the worldrecord,get your swist into regulation and join the WR- trials this year!

@all
I would not judge a F5d airframe about how a wing fits to a fuse , the possibility to carry a turbine, a single radargun speedpeak or the amount of carbon layers in the wing.

If you want to compare airframes you have to watch only that part of the job which seperates the airframe-performance.

So take several airframes,add the same weight and power and compare speed, corner-performance and laptime.

I only saw the swist flying once (with a turbine), it was crazy fast but cornerperformance seemed to be a little poor(maybe for safety reasons) compared to the common f5d competition planes.
I never saw a swist in competition(why?)if i had the choice i think at the moment there would be several other planes ahead at the list but sure not because of fuse -wing alignement!

Regards
Yello
Mreyello is offline Find More Posts by Mreyello
Last edited by Mreyello; Jan 05, 2013 at 02:14 PM.