Old Jan 05, 2013, 07:15 AM
Find More Posts by modisc
Inspiration
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Aug 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexAero View Post
Ok! Its the new year, hope you all are happy!
I have another project of a 4035 800 12n 8p to rewind. I need about 28 thousand solid rpm on 12s for a ducted fan. ABCABCABCABC
I need input on how big of wire can be used and how many turns. I don't understand Modisc's plus two rule of thumb and don't know if I've done the XLS calculator correctly.
PS: any suggestions as to how much timing and what PWM on a hv 160 for the 4035 550Kv wind?
HNY
Tom
The scorpion's factory winding for their 12N8P 40XX motors are a bit different from a standard winding. For ABCABCABCABC, note that wire_A is jumping from tooth_1 to tooth_4, right? Normally, a standard winding will just have the "jumping wire" on the down side surface of the stator. However, for the scorpion's factory winding, the "jumping wire" will be hidden on tooth_2 and tooth_3. You see what i mean? So i found from my experience with 4 of my scorpion 40XX 12N8P motors, if it was a "8T" stated by the factory, then it should be viewed as "10T", when you do the Kv calculation as Louis posted above. Or you should follow Dekker's suggestion, since i believe he is using standard winding technique, no such hidden wires. For my 4035 12N8P. 6T delta give me 1028Kv, while 10T delta give me around 630Kv.

if Y termination give you Kv1000:
YY: 2000
D: 1732
DD: 3464

exact Kv depend on ESC, timing, some winding details~~.
modisc is offline Find More Posts by modisc
Last edited by modisc; Jan 05, 2013 at 07:33 AM.