View Single Post
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:14 PM
Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
United States, TN, Jackson
Joined Mar 2007
4,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgarbern View Post
I just got two new Sabres today. The elevator travel is more symmetrical compared to my first Sabre as well.

I also noticed that the carbon fiber pushrods attached to the aileron servo and to the elevator control horns have been replaced with steel rods. Both of these planes are about 2 grams heavier, perhaps from the heavier rods. CG seems to have been shifted slightly rearward as a result. I won't know how much a difference that'll make till I fly them.
I also noticed that the plane is more tail heavy as well as compared to my first version---My plane required a nickel for nose weight to get the CG correct instead of a dime that my first one used...The new plane requires more nose weight even though the newer planes come with a 250mAh battery instead of the 200mAh battery in the first versions...I used an Exacto blade inserted in the nose of the battery tray to cut a slot to get the nickel as far forward as possible...

Trying to get the maiden in tomorrow...I'm going to fly off of the landing gear for the first couple of flights to make sure that the CG is correct...Even with the CG spot on you can get this plane to do the "Sabre Dance" if incorrectly hand launched...I don't want any surprises!!!

Kevin
Kevin Greene is online now Find More Posts by Kevin Greene
Last edited by Kevin Greene; Jan 04, 2013 at 11:25 PM.