View Single Post
Old Jan 04, 2013, 10:00 PM
Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
10,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJMarty View Post
I really wasn't able to find one in the condition I wanted (basically new). The one I purchased had the AR6100e and the 3-in-1 rather than the 4-in-1. It also came with the blue aluminum upper head/hub.

I am definitely modding it. I purchased the Xtreme grips and blades today from BTH. I also bought a carbon fiber canopy, E-flite aluminum swash and lower head, the BTH "Model 4" boom kit, unbreakable battery tray, and unbreakable skids. When I get done, the thing will basically be blacked out with some blue aluminum.

You're probably exactly right about buying everything done already but I'll readily admit that I'm both a newbie and a wrench turner. I'm learning a ton just taking the thing apart and putting it back together. Plus, it's fun.
-Steve

thats exactly how it should be ... learning by doing (I crinch when I think back on when I had to change the first servo on my Walkera 4#3 ... which I bought waaaaaay too early with NO idea what I was doing ... which is prolly why I NEVER actually got a grip on HOW to fly it ... ...)

Way to go Steve!!!

erdnuckel2 is offline Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member