Old Jan 04, 2013, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by Moby58
Upside down, downunder in Oz
Thornlie, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post

Regarding the issue with your altimeter and powerpanel, can you let me know the symptoms? Is the LED not blinking on the altimeter? And, does this occur when connected to USB as well as when using a battery? Note that when powered by USB alone, the PowerPanel is often too faint to read (it requires a battery connected to the eLogger's battery input to be fully visible).
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

Re the Altimeter. I was initially using it in my Radian Pro, using the extra cable plugged directly into the Rx, as I had no logger on that aircraft. Worked fantastic. When I transferred it to the other plane with the OSD Pro, it powered up ok, was flashing the last altitude used (as it should). Then at some stage during my testing, it stopped working. That is, the single digit display never came on again. Even when I transferred it back to the Radian Pro directly plugged into the receiver, nothing.

Likewise, the PowerPanel was functioning properly. I have always been able to read it when connected by USB. When first connected with the OSD Pro, it powered up, and I had to do a firmware update. Once again, sometime during my testing/setting up, it stopped working.

And as I have added to my support ticket, yesterday I had daisy chained the Tx for my Seagull to the OSD Pro and am getting NO SIGNAL on the dashboard.

One final point, I originally bought the OSD, then did your upgrade offer to the OSD Pro back in May 2009. However, in the time I have owned it, I have never actually connected it up. So, if it is faulty, it may very well have been faulty for the last 4 years!!

Thanks for the help.

Alan
Moby58 is offline Find More Posts by Moby58