Old Jan 03, 2013, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by coreman
Kit Manufacturer
United States, MA, Southbridge
Joined Feb 2010
3,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
Yes mine dont connect reliably all the time either, usually because I've not had the TX on long enough or its too close or even being too close to my WiFi aerials.

I just move the TX or the model and try again - usually works.

BUT I did have a problem with models not connecting with my DX5e despite doing all of the above. That turned out to be a defective switch on the Tx , it was witching on the signal strength LED and sounding the beep but not the Rf side of the circuit.

Terry
yep, I have seen this also, usually when I am in a busy airspace with lots of 2.4 radios and I don't wait until I get a solid light on my DM9 module. It took me a while to figure it out because usually I'm not looking at the back of my radio. There was a recall on some DM9 module housings and you can get a free replacement which seats better in the transmitters. When I found that mine had the issue I was moving the module with my fingers wrapped around the transmitter and the RF signal was dropping out. Fortunately I was just flying a foamie so there was no damage but it was worrisome because I fly bigger stuff with the same radio. Changed out the housing and the problem went away. Once I figured it out I was able to get it to happen my wiggling the DM9 module on the back of my Tx and the module light would go off

but that same situation would cause indoor BNF planes to lose bind because the Tx wasn't actually putting out RF
coreman is online now Find More Posts by coreman
RCG Plus Member