Thread: Discussion UK FPV Thread
View Single Post
Old Jan 03, 2013, 11:11 AM
Find More Posts by highviz
Joined Mar 2009
1,416 Posts
Hi Folks,

This is what has been occupying me over the rainy days of Christmas. I had been intending to do this since I sold my Skywalker, which I never really enjoyed flying.

Ran out of daylight to test fly it today - so hopefully it will be in the air tomorrow.

This is the fifth different project that the wing has been used on. I originally built it in the 1980's to carry one of my Canon SLR's and it has been used for all sorts of things since, although 4 out of the 5 have been different configurations for carrying a camera of some sort. The last time it was a twin - so I have left the pods on as hard points for the fpv cameras / video Tx. I intend to make alternative nose / canopy sections, depending on what payload or camera system I want to use. - It just plugs on for quick access to the batteries etc.
The tail booms unbolt and there is a centre hinge on the inverted Vee tail to allow it to be folded flat for transport.

If it flys as well as it has in previous incarnations, it will be much smoother and more precise than the Skywalker was and have a much bigger speed range. - Well that is the plan at least

Malc
highviz is offline Find More Posts by highviz