Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by TBolt
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined May 2004
5,428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlodek9 View Post
Hello,
I have a request for all the FPV pilots that are coming out to AMA for the Electric Festival. I have been flying FPV 2 weekends a month for about a year now at AMA field.
My setup is a Skywalker with 900Mhz VTx/VRx system. Up until recently, I have been using DX7 and now DX18 2.4Ghz radio.
I also use the Eagletree OSD with the Eagletree ground station using signal tracking and diversity between my omni and patch antenna. On the plane I have a V antenna attached to the vertical fin.
Anyway, although I’m still in the “testing and tweaking” phase of my FPV plane, I do think that everyone will enjoy flying FPV at AMA. My 900MHz video signal is very clean with almost no static or interruptions. To date, I have had no issues of any kind at this location that made me nervous or may cause a safety concern.
So as to my request. When I do fly FPV at AMA, about 50% of the time there is one location that gives me more static for a second or two than any other. It is like a wall of interference. Once I punch through it, my video signal is 100% so it is NOT a range issue. This “Wall” is not there every single time I fly FPV and sometimes it has lesser effects then other.
I’m thinking of two possibilities, one, the V antenna on my plane is in the wrong spot when flying at that angel through that location, or two, there is some kind of interference at that location.

I would like to follow up with the FPV pilots after the event to see if they see the same wall as I do on their FPV video. Best to my knowledge I'm the only one that flies FPV at AMA so I have no one to compare with as to what the problem may be.

Attached is a picture of the wall location (in Red) and location of my ground station (in Green).
I think I have a flight video or two that has the wall in question. PM me if you would like to see it.
Thanks
Rob
Rob,
Keep in mind that Boeing has alot of "activity" going on in our general vicinity.
TBolt is online now Find More Posts by TBolt