View Single Post
Old Jul 09, 2004, 09:24 AM
Find More Posts by mmartin55
Joined Mar 2004
2,410 Posts
Kansas City Area Soaring Fun Fly and Aerotow

Hey guys,

I have posted in other areas but not EVENTS so I thought I better get with it.

We have gotten persmission, insurance application and a date of second weekend Aug for an event here in Kansas City and want to get as many fliers as possible to come out for a first run at this great new flying field next month.

You must show AMA card to fly, no fees, spectators welcome on 100 acres of mowed grass filed on a near flat hilltop plateau here in N. Cass County. We are about 5 miles S. of Richards Gebaur airport on Prospect at 195th on private property with a 2300 foot paved runway where an airport has stood for the last 50 years.

The owner has generously offered to let us use this field one time a year to invite flyers and spectators from around the country to fly their sailplane models in a special event. Kansas City Soaring and Electric Club will be hosting this fun fly and we will launch by aerotow, bungie, histart, winch and self launch and we already have folks from IL, FL, TX, MN, KS, and MO who say if we build it, they will come!

Post here or email me if you are coming and what type of flying events or comtetition you would like to see at the first annual next year. Let me know too if their are any major conflicts with dates and other events.

More information at www.tmrcsailplanes.com
Tom Martin 816 331-8807
momartin at swbell dot net
Rex Burton
soarcat at kc dot rr dot com

Special Event Flying Field in KC Area looking east north east.
GREAT THERMALS
mmartin55 is offline Find More Posts by mmartin55