View Single Post
Old Jan 02, 2013, 02:35 AM
Find More Posts by homedefender83
Joined Nov 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I don't run packs this big (yet), in fact before my cars were picked up from the mothballs and I added a few more to "the garage" the biggest lipo in my possession was a 1S 300 mAh. Since I only run 1/10 scale buggies, which are relatively lightweight, a 4000 mAh pack already gives me 15 minutes or more running time. In fact, being winter here, I usually quit driving before the battery is getting close to going empty, as I'm getting cold.

But I do have 2 car packs now, both stick pack shape, so they fit vintage cars that only accept 6 cell packs, one RC Plus 4000 mAh and one a Reedy Wolfpack 3000 mAh. Both gave the car they are used in a nice performance boost, adding around 5 km/h to the top speed, as well as better acceleration. The RC Plus pack is so balanced, I can afford not to balance charge it every cycle, saving quite some charging time. The Wolfpack came with a difference of 0.2 volts between the 2 cells, which took hours to equalize on the first charge. It's been better since, but it seems Reedy took less care to match the cells, or the pack needs a few more cycles to even out, or it's just exemplary, as this pack keeps having more voltage differences than the other one up till now.
Wow that post made me so drowsy.
homedefender83 is offline Find More Posts by homedefender83