Thread: Discussion RealFlight Thermal Training
View Single Post
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:36 PM
Find More Posts by DeadServo
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2012
207 Posts
Well I loaded up the Thermal Park Third Vector and played around for about 20 min. Its very neat.. I love the plane! And this is Probably more of a personal preference than anything else.. but I modified the SuperGee to have more down elevator when the flaperons are down.. I was having to hold down elevator while slowly cruising around to stop from continuously stalling. So in the Flap/Elev mid I upped the Strength 1 (%) from 100 to 120

- The only other thing I noticed, was with the visual Thermal arrows turned on, the thermals seemed very spotty and random. Maybe I just dont understand how thermals work.. but from the videos I have seen.. they should slowly (or quickly depending on wind) move though the field like hot air balloons and/or columns of air.

With the Arrows turned on.. I dont see any of this sort of motion reflected... I will see 1 or 2 random arrows all of a sudden point up (usually for a few seconds) .. and then they snap back to the wind direction. And no other arrows are seen moving anywhere around... in other words I dont see the thermal moving.. it seems like a small spot of lift appears then vanishes.

I am having a blast messing with this though... dont take my critiques as me not liking it.. I am going back to fly it right now after I hit send.
DeadServo is offline Find More Posts by DeadServo