View Single Post
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:29 AM
Find More Posts by arrowshooter
United States, CA, Modesto
Joined Aug 2012
828 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz View Post
I'd agree entirely with BThirsk: it seems to be either a 2s problem, or the thing is faulty.
That's (one of) the reasons I've stuck with the Turnigy plush 6A or 18As for all my 2s (and Align ESC for 3s) - never failed to initialise or work correctly.
The 18A seems fine for my 450W motor, never runs more than 'warm' - run at 2s of course. Worth a try on yours?
Cheers
John

PS: As BThirsk has pointed out, you don't need the BEC in your ESC at all, in your usage. Best to leave it d/c for tests, anyway. It's also possible (though highly unlikely) that the motor is faulty.
Exactly why I ordered another Turnigy. My Prk 370 inrunner reacted the same and the Hobbymate 3800 works great with the Turnigy from another F45. As soon as the other Turnigy (and main gear) shows up I'll be golden. I will ask for exchange of the Hobbywing and save it for another project.

BTW, the one-way-bearing sleeve out of the main gear is a perfect 6mm OD/5mm ID. I am going to work on another rotor head that will slide all the way down the 450 main shaft.
arrowshooter is offline Find More Posts by arrowshooter