View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:07 PM
Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet
Fly long and land softly
Madison, Alabama USA
Joined Oct 2005
5,414 Posts
Nice New Year's Eve flying at Brownsboro Baptist Church gym

I went over tonight for my first time to fly at the Brownsboro Baptist Church gym. We flew from 4-8 PM. Tommy generously had pizza brought in at 6 PM. About 20 pilots, plus some family members were there. A lot of flying occurred. Definitely a Fun way to celebrate New Year's Eve!

Jim Yearta is their leader. I got to meet and to talk to him some tonight. This winter they are flying every other Monday evening till the weather breaks. Then the pilots tend to fly outside, so their indoor flying will end for the season.

For more info and schedules of their flying, contact Jim Yearta or Tommy at E-Mergent.

Bic Green got to wring out my Osiris twice tonight. He showed us right away what it can do! He told me that he briefly had one, but his two dogs tore it up before he got to do much with it. He said to change nothing on this one, except dig out some better LiPos for More Power! On the second flight, he was using so much power that the 2 screws holding the motor to the motor mount backed out. Locktite to follow!

Happy New Year!
Jim_Marconnet is offline Find More Posts by Jim_Marconnet