View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 01:38 PM
Find More Posts by PeterF
United Kingdom, England, North York
Joined Nov 2004
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SALLY View Post
the real ones had to have the main doors modded to open a few degrees more also ....as when turning tight while taxing the trucks would twist and the wheel balance lugs would hit the door.yeah i always am looking at that clam shell door to see how they hinged it.the front hinge is different than the rear one .yeah your on your own when you start modding stuff .but you are really doing a great job .....im just being too scale crazy due to being so close to the plane.....one of the reasons i have not tried to build one yet
I understand the reservation you have about tackling a model of this, you really would be your own worst critic.

I love these little stories like the door opening. My father worked in the aerospace components industry before he retired (as did my Grandfather) and has numerous stories such as working on one civil airliner on the flap drive mechanism and having splined drive rods dropping out of gearboxes as the wing flex was somewhat greater than the splines due to some miscalculation or incorrect specification.
PeterF is online now Find More Posts by PeterF