Thread: Discussion RealFlight 6.5
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 12:30 PM
Find More Posts by PonyMan
United States, LA, Pineville
Joined Dec 2012
426 Posts
Hey Chuck, I have the 3 channel Gamma(at your advice if I remember right) but just yesterday I ordered the brushless upgrade, that comes with the aileron wing also. I do understand that a sim can not give you everything you need in experience but it does help me get a feel for things. I had NO IDEA of what I was getting into and the sim gave me a good feel for controls, ie what stick does what etc and an over all 'feel" for what I can expect when flying for real. I have flown about 10 times so far with no bad results and going again today(two extra batteries now!). The more I fly the more I start to understand the real world of rc flying. I have a VERY long way to go I know but am enjoying it tremendously! The sim keeps me familiar with the plane controls. I noticed that if I go fly after using the sim I am better "tuned?" in for it. I went one time first thing in the morning and no "sim warm up" and fought the plane somewhat. Just couldn't get my head in it. So I warm up on the sim first now since then. I'm sure there'll come a day when it becomes second nature to me to just go out and be able to fly. But until then I'm taking baby steps. And thanks again for the heads up on that little Gamma, I really love it! It is docile enough for me to have time to think through maneuvering it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksolo69 View Post
It depends on what Gamma you have. Do you have the Gamma 370 3 channel or the Gamma 370 Pro? I would assume you have the Gamma Pro since you are talking ailerons. The answer is, you learn to move the right stick up and down for elevator and left and right for aileron control so that you don't disturb the other control surface when using the other. It's called experience; something you get VERY little of on a sim.
PonyMan is offline Find More Posts by PonyMan