Originally Posted by Kahnx
Got my Skyfun sorted on the weekend - what a great little plane!!!
Happy New Year, and many happy flights to both of you, you and your plane
A couple of qs if you don't mind:
- The GPS unit out on the wing, did you just fix it flat on the wing, or did you dig sort of little pit for it so that it doesn't stick out too much?
- How did you fasten it to the wing? - velcro, tape, or what?
- Does the GPS wire run on the surface of the wing, or again you made a groove for it?
- Did you have to balance it putting anything on another wing, or was the weight of the VTx on the opposite side enough to compensate for GPS?
- Stock motor mount looks straight with no thrust angle compensation... Is there really no need in putting a washer or two between the motor and its mount to make the motor look a bit aside and upwards?
I estimate the distance from GPS's current position to the VTx would be practically the same if you put the former onto the nose, inside the canopy. Did you consider this option, and if yes, why didn't you go ahead with it?
Thanks and regards,
- Mark -
Also, a question to everyone... The ESC's and motor's wires are a bit too long (see picture), and I don't really like leaving it as it is. I definitely don't want to cut anything off to make it shorter, as I want to leave myself an option to use these parts on other projects. Any suggestions about how to tidy it up?
I thought of making a hole near the rear end of the ESC and pass the wires down under the fuse, run motor wires under the fuse, too, and connect them all there. This way I'd be able to hide some 4 cm in bends. The only problem is that the quality of foam used in this plane is not quite astonishingly good, and making extra holes might not be the best idea...