Thread: New Product HISKY FBL 100 CP - New MCPx Clone
View Single Post
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:54 AM
Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
I'm relatively new to RC flying - I started on a few (toy) coaxials, and started using a DX6i on a simulator a few months ago, and was thinking of going for the mCP X v2 as the next step, but now have two FBL 100s which I've gotten acquainted with over the holidays. My skill level hasn't allowed me to do much more than hover, spot-land, walk the dog, etc. but I think these helis are awesome! They're certainly easy to learn on and are very crash-resistant... I've crashed maybe 20 times already and it's still ready to go, until today...

What is the best way to repair the battery connector? After a particularly hard landing on soft ground, the battery got knocked out of the holder and I think this plus the repeated connect/disconnect of batteries put stress on the wire - so much so that the heli now loses power intermittently when the wire is twisted to some position. I suppose I need a new 10mm battery connector wire with the right male mini JST plug and will need some soldering skills? Is there an easier way to fix...

Maybe a future version will have these on easy to replace plug type too? I am assuming it already uses multi-strand vs. solid wire... if not would be a worthy simple upgrade.

Also for some reason the throttle cut-off doesn't work all the time... I've had a few crashes where even after I've dropped the throttle to zero AND/OR hit the throttle hold switch, the motors still kept spinning. Would love any tips!
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn