Find More Posts by Gimpdiggity
Valiant Poultry
United States, MI, Jackson
Joined Apr 2012
988 Posts
Question
Fishing Boat Interior Lights??

Hello everyone.

I have added a couple of portholes to the back of Catherine's (my Bristol Bay) cabin the other day, and I also got a couple of crew members.

I am thinking of cutting a hole in the bottom of the cabin so that I can put the captain inside the cabin, and I figure if I am going to do that I should also go ahead and add some lights to the inside of the cabin for when running in lower light.

My question is this...on the inside of the cabin, what type of lights would there typically be?? I see that a lot of people on newer boats like to use red lights inside the boat so that it doesn't really negatively impact their night vision. Would that be the case on a fishing boat like this??

Also, would the lights in the sleeping area be a different color than the lights in the actual control area of the boat??

I have a nice red LED "emergency light" thing that I can fit inside the front of the cabin that should do a pretty good job of showing red light through the windows of the front of the boat, but I'm not sure if that's the color that would be best...or if that's the color that would show through the portholes in the back.

Thank you.
Jeff

***EDIT***

I went ahead and put the light inside the cabin for the time being, just to see what it looks like. Here's how it came out:

Testing Red Light Inside Catherine... (0 min 52 sec)
Gimpdiggity is online now Find More Posts by Gimpdiggity
Last edited by Gimpdiggity; Dec 31, 2012 at 02:22 AM.