Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:26 PM
Find More Posts by modisc
Inspiration
United States, MI, Ann Arbor
Joined Aug 2011
895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekker View Post
I am the winder of WimH's motors and I can assure you the wire is 1.4mm: in fact it measures 1.48mm with insulation...
Reducing the size of images is not the way to go: the 42xx and 40xx stators both have about the same slot surface, so in both cases, 14wires of 1.4mm will fit.
Actually I found winding the "pure" LRK easier, the double LRK was a tighter fit because you have to do some wire transitions that prohibits good nesting of the wires.
Just to be clear, here is a 4225 12N10P I did, this is 13turns, with the same 1.4mm wire:

On this stator there is 5+5turns in the first layer like you also posted for your motor.
The only reason the 14th wire wont fit is because of the crossover between each second tooth due to the dLRK winding scheme.
Great work.

If we have both 1.4mm wire, and assuming you are using 0.2mm DM insulation paper while I am using 0.125mm kapton for this 4225, I can only think of that my wire is not as good as yours and have thicker insulation layer. :P

By the way, my 4225 is not a perfect 5+5 for first layer. every other tooth has 5T perfect first layer, but the other 6 teeth in between, has 4T first layer + 1 outer turn that is slightly above the 1st layer, since 2 turns of my "1.4" can not be placed parallel along the inner side of the slot.
modisc is offline Find More Posts by modisc