Thread: Question 3-Axis Control with FlyBar ?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
Find More Posts by Xrayted
Closed Account
Joined Dec 2007
6,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollomaker View Post
Hey, Thanks! -- I did not pick up the "with flybar" factor when I made my first pass through the Flymentor ad -- will do it again for sure. I had hoped to use an integrated receiver, mixer and gyro system but it looks like the Flymentor will give you several modules instead of one --- anyway I will investigate.

My reason for pursuing this course, is that eventually this 500GT will become a special build for camera work and stability, when I need it, especially in hover mode. And it should help with other stability issues as well. I am not a 3D pilot, just sport and scale type flying, and this is my first larger CP ship. Still on that part of the learning curve.

Thanks again for the info -- Much appreciated --- Bob
You might want to consider the new Naza H system that just came out. It's for a flybarless setup, but that's a simple head change on your heli. Ive seen post from another user with it installed on a flybar 500, so it appears it can work with a flybar as well. It's an all in one box for FBL, tail gyro and GPS processor that connects up to a standard RX of your choice.

The advantage here is the GPS hold capability that will lock your heli into a fixed location within a couple feet square. You can still force it to move around, but it will stay at the exact same altitude and attitude without you having to worry about those functions. Flying around becomes very simple while filming. Flip it into manual mode and then fly like normal if you want, but the altitude and attitude lock would be great for scale flying also.

Similar technology from the same vendor was over $3K just last year, but this new setup is under $500 and puts it well within reach now for most of us.

http://www.dji-innovations.com/products/naza-h/feature/
Xrayted is offline Find More Posts by Xrayted
Last edited by Xrayted; Dec 30, 2012 at 06:06 PM.