View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 04:00 PM
Find More Posts by Sundancer
I like real wooden aeroplanes!
South-west France
Joined Sep 2007
5,971 Posts
Well, it's the penultimate day of the Britkit Build Off, and I am pleased to report that cswee has just posted a picture of his very nice Achilles to bring the total of finished models to 24. Sadly it won't be 25 as my Tarquin won't quite make it, it'll be finished later in the week. So, how has it all panned out?

Total entries declared 35
Finished models - 24 (17 flown, 7 not yet flown)
Build logs running but unfinished - 7
Withdrawn entry - 1
No build log started - 4

Completion percentage 68%

Considering that several of the models with unfinished build logs are well advanced, it looks like almost 30 new models will have resulted from the build off, which is very good indeed.

Of the 17 models which have flown, two (cd_webb's Deacon and Guizzo's Radian) were sadly written off on test flights, but the other 15 are now happily part of their owner's fleets.

Of the 7 models not yet flown, most were finished late and are waiting for the weather or in one case waiting for late delivery of the motor.

There have been some outstanding models built and the range could hardly be wider, from HarryD's tiny 2 ounce KK Dandy to WarrenB's scaled up 112 inch KK Junior 60 with representative models from all of the "big four" kit companies, Keil Kraft, Veron, Mercury and Frog.

I will be posting the poll for everyone to vote for their favourite model tomorrow evening, it will run for 2 weeks, please be sure to vote. Photographs of each model and a link to the build log will be included with the poll.

So, finally, I would like to thank everyone who has supported this build off and congratulate them on producing some fine models and some interesting, informative and at times amusing and entertaining build logs. I have really enjoyed the whole thing and hope that as many of you as possible will support the "Britplan" Build Off which starts on Tuesday 01/01/2013.
Sundancer is online now Find More Posts by Sundancer