View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by DeepThought
Germany, BW, Karlsruhe
Joined Nov 2012
70 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasClouds View Post
I noticed you are in England, Gordon lives there. I'm also using solartex covering from there. It's nice to avoid the Asian made products whenever possible. No way around them for the electronics though.
Solartex was just the easiest to source actually.
I feel like I have only scratched the surface of the local scene. I keep finding great things all the time. And the prices are generally low.
There is a lot of scale plans and kits floating around. But I wanted to do a Telemaster first. Surprisingly they where really hard to find here. I got lucky on Ebay.
I'm liking the West Wings stuff, they look a bit labour intensive but are cheap and good looking.
I think my next project will be a SIG Four Star for a mate who does not have the build space. Or maybe I can get my hands on a Cris Foss Acro Wot for a good price. If not I will get myself a West Wings Fournier.
Ebay is full of failed kit builds. Who knows what I will find next...

@epoxyearl I fully agree. Though I would never have the nerve for a pure scratch build, but RTF or ARTF are just boring. My first plane was a simple foam flying wing covered with packing tape. I love the personal relationship you have with something you actually built. Since I started with this crazy hobby I dreamt of building a balsa kit. And now that I did, I want more.
DeepThought is online now Find More Posts by DeepThought