Thread: Question 3-Axis Control with FlyBar ?
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 02:46 PM
Find More Posts by apollomaker
United States, CA, San Ramon
Joined Dec 2012
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xrayted View Post
Hi Bob. The Flymentor is made to work with a FB heli. Most other controllers are for FBL use only and cannot be used with a FB heli. If you go into Phoenix you will be able to set up something on the fly bar tab called active flybarless. This will bring the heli back to level and stabilize it whenever you let off the sticks. This will be the closest thing I think in Phoenix you can get to what the Flymentor training aid would do for you
Hey, Thanks! -- I did not pick up the "with flybar" factor when I made my first pass through the Flymentor ad -- will do it again for sure. I had hoped to use an integrated receiver, mixer and gyro system but it looks like the Flymentor will give you several modules instead of one --- anyway I will investigate.

My reason for pursuing this course, is that eventually this 500GT will become a special build for camera work and stability, when I need it, especially in hover mode. And it should help with other stability issues as well. I am not a 3D pilot, just sport and scale type flying, and this is my first larger CP ship. Still on that part of the learning curve.

Thanks again for the info -- Much appreciated --- Bob
apollomaker is offline Find More Posts by apollomaker