Thread: Build Log Fr3aK Zone
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by tom43004
Father of Fr3aK, DLG Pilot
USA, OH, Worthington
Joined May 2002
7,368 Posts
My latest pulls... I burned through alot of the Vlad material this weekend. All of these wings are between 125 and 130g, and I played with some different LE finishes.

Two of these are going into boxes tomorrow to head West for JEM. The third is going to be built out for further testing by yours truly.

After playing with the 64g/m^2 Textreme a bit, I think I'll be switching over to this for my D-box wings (standard layup) to pull the weight down a bit. The material is very very similar to the 80g stuff but the 12k tows are spread to 25mm wide instead of 20mm. For our uses, I think it's still overkill but it's the smallest denomination available.

It's good to be back in the shop. For those of you who don't know, I have been fighting bronchitis over the past few weeks and even spent a night in the hospital right before Christmas. Now that I'm off the antibiotics, my energy level is coming back up and I'm getting back in the shop. I hope to get a couple more standard layup wings done this week and satisfy a few more of the backlogged orders.
tom43004 is offline Find More Posts by tom43004