Thread: Discussion Thinking About It. First Post.
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 11:23 AM
Find More Posts by striker911
United States, AR, Mountain Home
Joined Dec 2012
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick30head View Post
with todays brushless motors and lithium polymer ( lipo for short) batteries, they are/can be better than fuel engines, only draw back with electric models is the runtime but the big advantage with electric models over fuel engine is low/zero maintenence

nick
Aw ya. The brushless was just coming out when I got out of the hobby. Looks like they came down some in price. Will probably want to swap all that out on the XXXS. Thanks for the input. It helps to have a plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
I think Nitro will always have a place. Yes the new electric motors and ESC's are great. Electric is cleaner and convenient. It still takes time to charge a battery and electric motors don't have that wonderful engine sound. There is still something about that little engine doing its thing that will always be appealing.

If your out in the sticks Electric might be the way to go or when you need to go to the hobby shop buy a case of fuel make it worth the gas money to get there. It might be cheaper then shipping it.
Thanks for the input. Think I need something Nitro for off roading. Something like a truggy or buggy should do. Anything you would recommend that wont break the bank? I know Traxxas but they always seemed high end. Anything else I can look at?
striker911 is offline Find More Posts by striker911