View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:17 AM
Find More Posts by davehour
Puerto Rico, Guayama, Guayama
Joined Jun 2006
1,474 Posts
Hi guys,

I don't know you, but I feel the front end too stiff, and the rear end too soft for good dirt ride action. Anyway, I worked out the forks and found one of them with little oil. I used Associated 30wt. oil and still feel the front end too stiff. If the bike is dropped from 6 inches, you can see the rear end working but the front end almost not. And my forks aren't sticking at all. I've also loosened the lower caps to the point the drag is minimal. I'll appreciate if you can clear this up and tell me if this is normal for a dirt bike. I remember my Thunder Tiger 1/5 GP nitro bike with Alleven front forks felt softer than this bike's forks.

Regarding working the front forks, I followed the procedure explained by Chris Haertel. One question I have though is how much the forks should be filled with oil. The manual states "fill the forks up to the spring perch" and from the pictures of Chris's works, I see he filled them to the top of the forks body with the shaft fully compressed. The later was what I did.

David
davehour is offline Find More Posts by davehour