View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:09 PM
Find More Posts by fajar
Indonesia, Special Capital Region of Jakarta, Jakarta
Joined Jan 2011
1,668 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy999 View Post
I was flying quad in GPS hold mode. Then the led flashed white for 2-3 seconds in quad. Tried to land immediatly, but the altitude just didn't decrease at all. Then i pushed the throttle to ZERO for a second and back to half. Nothing happened.. for a few seconds, but then the quad to just started to fall even the throttle was in half. I should have turned it to manual flight-mode right when it started to fall, Am I right? video: http://youtu.be/zHSNv39d1gk
that is very strange. That never happened to me. Redo your channel calibration, that should fix it.

Here's a brief summary of troubleshooting list.

erratic channel operation e.g. throttle being not responsive, drifting at high speed to either direction etc. : redo channel calibrations. You can spot the symptoms by checking the appropriate channel values in the GCS. Check also xelv values, if the values jumping to great number or constantly displaying great numbers then your IMU is likely to have caught radio/emi interference.

Copter not holding its altitude and position well in GPS mode: check magnetic declination values also redo ESC calibration. Calibrate the ESCs from the GCS, dont do it directly by hooking it up to the receiver one by one. If copter is exhibiting toilet bowl effect (TBE) even when sat lock is more than 8, turn the compass module to the appropriate direction to compensate the TBE.

I would suggest people to post in the other thread, which is this one. This thread is created by zero tech people but there's no reason to post in this thread unless they are actively engaging with users and helping them to troubleshoot their problems. So to say that this is an "owners thread" is beyond my understanding.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar