View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2012, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by mnavarro
United States, CA, Manhattan Beach
Joined Oct 2010
450 Posts
Good info. I wonder if the temperature you're seeing is much different than stock? Makes me think that 6s will fry motor with an apc 9x9. I have other motors that can handle it fine with same kv and are probably 120-130 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashguru View Post
I know I will be first trying this motor and seeing how it does on 6s and apc 9x9 prop with a 100 amp esc
Here is some information from my post from January 28, 2012 on this forum. I hope it helps. It was not smart of me to run it for so long on the ground without any airflow on the motor or ESC. However, it is still running fine after a full season (at least 30 flights or so - I have other planes). I like this setup as it seems faster and the vertical is unlimited as far as I can tell (I stop going up when I just about can't see it anymore). With this setup, it does not feel underpowered to me. I get pretty good flight times with throttle management (5-6minutes).

On 5s 3300 with CC ICE 100 ESC using APC 9x9E Prop:
Amps WOT - 69.5
Watts WOT - 1240
Stock Motor = about 180 degrees after several 10 second bursts of WOT (no airflow - sitting on the ground) - ambient temp - 60 degrees[/QUOTE]
mnavarro is offline Find More Posts by mnavarro