View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2012, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by medroller
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Jul 2011
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Forgive me for saying this ... but I find that really sad .... so HK is not the Rolls Royce of Model dealers ... but they seem tio be doing quite well at what they do - supplying the budget to mid range gear.

If HK gear is not up to scratch - why keep buying it .. I get impression that your bin is full of HK gear ? Why ? if you think their gear is useless ?

I have from HK - 64mm T45, 50mm T45, 2 x Parkjets, Cessna 182 deluxe, Edge 540 Racer ... as full models and loads of HK motors, ESC's etc. - and none so far after a number of years has had to go tto the 'bin' ........... They have not been worse or any significant difference to other gear from other suppliers I've used.
Let's be honest - very little of what they sell is actually THEIR's ... vast majority is either re-branded or just sold by model name ...
My Cessna is Skyartec, T45 is Lanyu, other T45 is Jpowers etc. etc.

Nigel
If you had read my 2nd last post. I said the same as you are saying. Hobbyking is a hobbyshop and i have had and still have some great stuff from them. " My bin" was just a term I used, which I throw all my spare stuff from crashes. Be it dynam, parkzone, durafly, eflite etc.
Like I have said to a lot of people " Hobbyking have put the fun back in to rc". There are a lot of folk out there who take playing with toy planes to seriosly.Cheers
medroller is offline Find More Posts by medroller