View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2012, 08:55 PM
Find More Posts by lincoln
United States, MA, Waltham
Joined Dec 2001
7,231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planeman View Post
I just couldn't help myself. The damn thing looked so interesting that I wasted a half a day piecing together the Burd Luscombe Phantom plan. It was missing a nice gap in the middle that I had to rebuild and that took some time. Some clean-up and piddling work and here is is, all in one piece.

Planeman
Glad you liked it. But now I'll be tempted to spend half a day scanning in a couple of other things. I'd spend more time cleaning them up, but I have so many things to scan! Maybe 20 years of FAC news and a few other newsletters, and that book, and a few OLD magazines. Pretty soon I will have that whole issue of Air Trails scanned.

--------------------
I suspect that if one thought for a long time about how to do it, was careful, and did it outside on a very humid day right after a rain storm, you could get the hydrogen together without too much risk to life and limb. Especially if you could find anti static balloons and gloves. Inside, I could see a good leak blowing out all the windows, at minimum. I've seen acetylene and air go off with great energy, outside, on a long ago July 4th. This ought to be similar.
lincoln is offline Find More Posts by lincoln