Find More Posts by therau2000
Official Android Developer
Canada, QC, Montreal
Joined Mar 2012
529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metman View Post
Hi All...

Just got my 16 with the red lens from Santa, whom I carefully educated. Did my homework, downloaded the GUI, got a Lexar 16 GB Class 4, charged it up, connected fine, did the format via the GUI, then it told me the firmware was out of date and to download it which I did and I followed the instructions in the software exactly. I tried to anyway, but the GUI page never exited automatically and I was left with a mystery as the camera would no longer turn on or connect. I did the reset procedure several times and that apparently didn't work either.

Now, on power up with the card in, I get a short burst of yellow flashing, then about 10 seconds later a red single flash and then nothing. My PC and GUI don't recognize it any longer.

Pressing reset, waiting 15 seconds, then powering up with the card out, the red flashes once and then nothing, whether connected to the PC or not.

I'm no expert but it seems the firmware either got corrupted or interrupted???
Is there a way to restart the whole process?

This light pattern behaviour isn't described in the manual, so I"m asking very kindly if anyone can tell me what it means?

Thanks muchly

Fred
Were you using the Configuration Assistant GUI? If so, please email me the log file (Nr16ConfAssist.log) located alongside the program file (Nr16ConfAssist.jar). It will reveal in detail what happened.

If you were using the other GUI, then Isoprop can probably help you.
therau2000 is offline Find More Posts by therau2000