View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2012, 12:51 PM
Find More Posts by E-Challenged
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Oct 2000
12,965 Posts
Discussion
Scale Electric Fliers, Help Me Decide Aurora 9 or DX-8

I am currently using a Hitec Eclipse 7 with 2.4GHz module and have three Optima 6 receivers for electric scale model flying. The Eclipse 7 has limitations for serious electric powered scale models which are resolved in the Aurora 9 and DX-8. I have a lot of flying buddies using the DX-8 and other Spektrum systems. Don't know anybody using the Aurora 9.

I have not been happy with user-friendliness of Hitec users manuals and instruction sheets which seem to assume that users are competition Sailplane, 3D and Heli fliers with a lot of computer transmitter mixer programming experience. However, It looks as if the Aurora 9 is easy enough to program with it's large touch screen graphics. I don't like the firmware updating procedures using the HP-22 etc. although it has some advantages over returning the transmitter for firmware updates as with DX-8. I also don't like use of online forums with links used for troubleshooting and programming Hitec stuff.

I don't have any direct experience with using the DX-8 but it looks to be as easy to program as the Aurora 9. Forget Hitec stuff that I already have, should I invest in the Aurora 9 or Spektrum DX-8. At age 74, I don't plan to buy any more new systems stuff in the future.
E-Challenged is offline Find More Posts by E-Challenged