Thread: New Product GoPro HD HERO 3
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2012, 06:07 AM
Find More Posts by bakchos
2Vision-Air
Canada, QC, Blainville
Joined Aug 2009
2,292 Posts
i just got a response from GoPro...... i already stated that i had latet firmware........

"Update for Case #459565 - "Random freezes and recording end"

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thank you for contacting GoPro.

It sounds like your camera is stuck in a state where pressing the Power button dimly lights the back red LED instead of powering on the camera. I have some tips that get the camera out of this state so you can power it on again.

1. Please disconnect the camera from USB, remove the battery and SD card.
2. Reinsert the battery only.
3. Press the Power button one time. If the camera doesn’t power on, remove and reinsert the battery.

You may need to repeat step 3 up to 10 times before the camera powers on. In other words, try resetting the camera up to 10 times by removing/reinserting the battery and pressing the Power button.

If you’re able to power on the camera, we recommend updating your firmware. You can do this at http://gopro.com/support/product-reg...hero3-cameras/. If the firmware updater says that you’re unable to update again because your firmware is already up-to-date, we recommend updating again anyway. You can do the firmware update manually by running through the firmware update process without the camera connected to your computer. Click on the above link again and complete all steps except for Step 6, then you’ll be able to manually update your camera’s firmware. Let us know if you’d like more detailed instructions on how you can manually update the firmware, and we’ll send them to you.

If you continue to experience this issue, please let us know how often. Also, would you be able to send us the “firmware version” and the “Wi-Fi version” information from your version.txt file, located in the MISC folder of your SD card, please?

If you’re not able to power on the camera, it sounds like there could be a fault with the camera, and we'll need to go ahead with replacing your unit under warranty. To get the process started, can you please reply via e-mail with a copy of your purchase receipt to show you are within the warranty period, the camera's serial number located inside the battery compartment, and also follow the below link to enter your return shipping info for the replacement camera:

Enter Address Here.

Once we hear back, we'll be able to provide you with a RMA (returns authorization) and returns instructions.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, but we'll do our best to get you a fully functioning replacement as soon as possible.

Many Thanks,

Mary-Anne S.
GoPro Support
http://gopro.com/support/ "
bakchos is online now Find More Posts by bakchos
RCG Plus Member