Thread: New Product GoPro HD HERO 3
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:02 AM
Find More Posts by speedstep
Joined Dec 2011
89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanGold View Post
If you ever can see the way to posting pictures that show how you dampen vibration and the specific products used I'll be very interested. (Vibrationmount.com has a lot of links to numerous companies and products)

I am new to this and have only been using a small p&s on test videos with my Discovery. I have tried a few different approaches (including a $15 sticky gel material) and still get jello when the camera is mounted on the front.

My GoPro 3 Black will be here soon so maybe it will work better than my p&s or maybe I'll need to work more on the dampening.

Do you use any stabilization processing software such as Mercalli 2?
I use FCP X, but to be honest I only stabilised some of the aerial footage, the ground footage was more shaky.
I used only factor 1 if I used it on the aerial footage (factor 2.5 is standard)
The flashed ESC's make the biggest difference and to fly the Naza in manual, there is now way to fly in atti mode in 50km/h winds...
If you check my channel there is a Mauritius Video and there you can see what you get if you use dji stock esc's a lot of wobble and
with the software stabilisation the horizon is wobbling around...

Vibrationmount: it's Part# V10Z62MSN05 on the website http://www.vibrationmounts.com/Store...FQ/VM08009.htm
It's the green ones

Here are my two mod videos, got a lot in them about how to get a frame vibration free

TBS Discovery Mods 2 FPV ROO gopro hero 3 (8 min 28 sec)

TBS Discovery tweaks Mods etc. FPV ROO (6 min 53 sec)
speedstep is offline Find More Posts by speedstep
Last edited by speedstep; Dec 27, 2012 at 04:07 AM.